Friday, June 19, 2015

Blog 5


I saw the Disney Pixar movie, Inside Out last night and to say I thoroughly enjoyed it would be an understatement. I loved it! This is not going to be a movie review, but I will say that I think that this is an “adult” kids’ movie, if that makes any sense at all. While the characters and plot appeal to kids, the meaning and take away thoughts are directed towards the older generation of teens and young adults. Depression is a major part of the movie and the message that I think Pixar was trying to communicate to audiences is that it’s okay to be sad and lonely. It’s not the end of the world if you feel that way. While the main character, Riley, felt depressed due to her family moving, that depression can be applied to many different situations in other stages of a person’s life. This movie is for the whole family: I laughed, I cried (Okay, this is starting to sound like a review) but it was a really good movie and I definitely would recommend it to anyone.


3 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I had never heard of this movie before, until i read the review under the page Dr Johnson put up for us, but now i'm really excited to watch it. I'm glad you mentioned that sadness is a really natural feeling, anyone can be depressed or sad many times in life, but it does not mean that situations will not get better, it is a healthy emotion everybody should feel a few times in their lifetime, it helps us grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see this movie! It really is perfect for what we studied this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dying to see this! I'm so glad you had good things to say about it. I can't wait to take the kids I nanny to see it. Hannah's right, what a perfect movie to go along with our lesson this week!

    ReplyDelete